Thursday, August 17, 2006

I have been working on some spot art for the beginning of every chapter in the Pony Wombat and the Second Ark book.

I'm trying to Match each title with a decent spot illustration. Plus I think the frogs Match and so do the cookies, so its a good fit for this weeks Illustration Friday word.




This is a sample of what I'm trying to accomplish. The title artwork for chapter 7.



Here are two more chapter spot illustrations. Do those look like cookies to you?



This is what it looks like in the book. This is chapter 9. The puppy got his head stuck in the tuba. Does it look like a stuck puppy to you? or am I spinning my wheels?




You can preview the book for free! (aren't I nice!) or you could buy a copy (aren't you nice!)

3 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Ian, just wonderful! My mouth is watering over those cookies! The spots are perfect matches for the chapter headings. Your work is delightful.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

i saw your book preview, the drawings great, i like your illustrations!

Rita illustration said...

Nice drawings you've got there!
/M