Friday, November 09, 2007

Large Scale Painting



click to see it larger

It’s been a summer since I’ve tackled a new postmodern impressionism project. But something about late fall/ early winter makes me reach for a large-scale stage.

Wish I had a ginormous canvas to paint on. Something not measured in inches. Feet instead.



About half the painting visable to show scale with stuff

Still it was nice to get my hands dirty again. This isn’t finished but I figured I’d blog it up while I wait for this layer of stuff to dry.

You can check out previous ian postmodern impressionist paintings here:
(The new paintings will be added below)


Pine trees
Trains
Water towers

OK, here is a cropped version of the finished painting:



click to see the whole thing

5 comments:

Kathleen Rietz said...

Looks like a good day Ian. I am glad you are creating something new. Have a good weekend.

Willie Baronet said...

Well done. I'm sometimes afraid of the big canvas. ;-)

Laurel Neustadter said...

Wow. Love the colors and energy in the painting.

Brine Blank said...

Great, very vibrant on this and full of life...makes me want to staple a sheet to the wall and go to town...and I'm really glad to see I'm not the only one with that type of organization skills with my art supplies...

Write2ignite said...

Nicely done, Ian! As always, I'm impressed. I've been a fan of your work since the cover art on the P&P. Your "voice" shines through in each painting. These need to be hanging in a gallery!

peace,
Donna