Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's in Your Shoe??

On Sunday I thought I would give the lawn one last good season 2008 mowing. It was warm enough and the grass needed to be trimmed (according to the W G Homeowners Association).

I keep a pair of old sneakers around for just such an occasion. The last time I had worn them I was digging in the dirt and they got a touch muddy so I hosed them down and had left them outside to dry.



My new BFF, Ms. Widow

I can tell you I didn't feel good about putting on those shoes. I had a strange feeling somethign was a tad off. But I put the left shoe on and all was well. I was about to put the right shoe on when I notice some cobwebs. I said to myself, "Self, you might want to bang those shoes out before you put them on." And so I did.

Well, it just so happened that this little lady had made a comfortable home in my shoe and was settling down for the long winter ahead. I'm thinking if I had put that shoe on, she would have been slightly ticked off and let me know about it in her own special way.

Needless to say, I tossed those sneakers. Remember kids, always bang out your shoes!

2 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

Yikes! Thank God for super spider senses! Ugghhhh! For some reason I want to go out and throw away all of the shoes that are in the garage.


Now I've got the willies! ick!

- Alexxx - said...

Wow. I'm so glad you didn't die! That would be very bad.