Saturday, April 18, 2009

UNCUT: And Trying to Figure it All Out



Does anyone have any idea where I'm going with all this? If so, please let me know as it would really help me out.

I mean, wouldn't it have been nice if someone had said to Pollock, you know, you should just drip the paint... or if someone had said to Mondrian, why not just break it down into basic shapes and primary colors.. or how about, Monet, you should really consider planting a water garden...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing myself to Pollock, or Monet or any of them.. I'm just saying, as an artist, it would be nice if we could figure out the thing we are trying to figure out...

But then again, maybe then we wouldn't be artists.

3 comments:

Write2ignite said...

okay - I'm not an artist - but I "feel" where you're coming from. You'll know when you get there. :)

C.R. Evers said...

Did you add tennis shoes and a finish line yet?

tap . . . tap . . . tap. . .

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Sands.

We have been notified that you are operating under the alias "Mr. Chicken" and by using said name have been spreading rumors re: a "chicken virus"

We have found these accusations to be erronious and besiege you to cease and desist this fraudulent activity. You are scaring people and giving chickens a bad name.

Failure to comply will result in prompt legal action with the BBBFTBOCE (Better Business Bureau for The Betterment of Chickens Everywhere)

Yours truly,

Claudius J. Chickenpecker,
Captain of the Internet Chicken Police