Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Only One

There is a game I like to play from time to time. I guess I could call it; I’m the only one. It works like this. You see something that other people can see; only you are the only one who sees it. You could tell people, even point it out. Instead, you keep it to yourself.

For example, say you are sitting on a bench in a park. From a tree branch above, a small leaf falls to earth. Other people are in the park. Other people could have seen it. But they didn’t. You’re the only one.

Remember the seen in Stand By Me when Gordie sees the deer?

“The freight woke up the other guys and it was on the tip of my tongue to tell them about the deer. But I didn't. That was the one thing I kept to myself. I've never spoken or written about it until just now.”

No comments: