Monday, December 31, 2007

The Best of 2007





January: A downtown apex art dealer inquired about the purchase of this painting.



February: Grayson and I sketch the Tipper Tie water tower. Later, I create this piece from the sketches.



March: Book signing at Chick-Fil-a. The kids asked me to sign their books… and their cows and their water bottles and some more cows and…



April: Jackals Win FAHL C Division Championship




May: I go through my yeti phase, creating illustration after illustration.




June: After watching a video about spoon bending by using the power of the mind, I took on this new and exciting hobby.




July: The hunt for Pigrates. It was animal behaviorist Cole Saphone who spied the creature first. A large, orange animal was rooting through the sand, some 200 yards up the coast.




August: To be on an island… to be at a nest… to be there the day, the hour, the minute, when a sea turtle hatches. A once in a lifetime.



September: My fox painting won an award at the SCBWI-NC Fall conference.




October: My interface design made the Chicago Times. How very exciting. The interface I designed for TeleHealth Services has been installed in Northwestern’s new Prentice Women's Hospital.



November: my Computer Art and Animation students create some cool stuff.




December: I end the year the same way I started, painting large, multi-media paintings of water towers.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Truly a great year, Ian! - Janelle