Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bringing iPad Illustrations to Life


So last week I downloaded Art Set for the iPad which is a lot like drawing on paper... but not really. In fact, it's hardly anything like drawing on paper. Only at the time, I didn't really realize that.

So I was like, wow, this is so much fun I should make some paper and then do a real mixed media drawing.


I pasted a bunch of newspapers together with a nice mixture of flour and water. Then I got out all my mixed media supplies.. colored pencils, crayons, markers, a little paint.. just like Art Set. Sure, right.


I thought the best way to really compare the real supplies with Art Set would be to copy one of the drawings I did with Art Set. I liked the way the Zonkey came out so...



First of all, the paper in Art Set doesn't rip if you press too hard with the colored pencils. Also, you don't need to wait for the paint to dry. Also, you can use any tool you want on top of another in Art Set. Not so in real life.


Put I kept at it.


trying different things.


And now I think I'm done. 

IDK there is a certain allure to the real stuff. But I like the Art Set version better. I might have to try another real one. Or take the Art Set image to Kinkos and blow it up real big. Now, that would be cool!

No comments: