Saturday, September 15, 2007

My So Called Heart Attack

So I wake up last night with chest pains, I have shortness of breath and I’m panicky. I’m thinking, am I having a heart attack or did I just eat a bad burrito?

Now I’m no stranger to an upset stomach and this feels like tightness on the left side of my chest. Then again, that is why they call it heartburn right?

Now I try to take care of myself. I work out, I eat ok (unless you aren’t a fan of bugfest), and I don’t smoke. On the other hand, the bottom number of my blood pressure is always up around 90-95, and you always hear those stories, “he was so young, only 41, and he left three children behind.”

The choices:
1. Lay back down, try to burp and fall back asleep (or die depending).
2. Go to the hospital, get poked, stuck and restuck and risk feeling like a smuck because you should have taken a tums.
3. Shoot the hostage

2 comments:

Paige Keiser said...

Ooooh are you alright? I'd say it's heartburn, but better to be one hundred percent sure and get it checked out. Is shortness of breath a heartburn symptom? Let us know how you're doing. Take care.

ian sands said...

Yeah heartburn. As I thought too but... but it was really sucky heartburn! And I threw in a panic attack which I guess caused the shortness of breath and is understandable since I thought I was dying. Me and Red Fox. "I'm coming, Elizabeth". But even that is ironic because Red Fox actually did die of a heart attack. So now I am glad I went even if I feel silly because now I know for sure that I am invincible, obviously. So, good for me!