Friday, September 21, 2007

So Ask Me About the Web

Guess who will be a speaker at this year’s 15TH Annual SCBWI-Carolinas Fall Conference? Me! How very exciting. Here is what it reads in the brochure:

Ian Sands has been a web and graphical user interface designer, creating websites for corporations, education and the healthcare industry for over 10 years. He teaches web design and graphics applications at the high school and college level. He is also the author and illustrator of Pony Wombat and the Second Ark.

Wow, almost makes me sound like I know what I’m talking about.

Well, if I’m going to be a speaker, I better hurry up and figure out what I’m going to speak about. I have received a lot of good suggestions, which include but are not limited to the following:

  • Where do you go to set up a website?
  • How do you get the website on the web &
  • how to edit it once it's there?
  • How do you market your website?
  • Is a frame-based website ok or will most of the website material not turn up in search engines?
  • Can authors offer copies of their books for sale from their website?

Now it’s your turn. If you have any suggestions of something you would want to ask the web guru :), post a comment. The more the gooder and thanks in advance for your questions.

No comments: