Tuesday, March 21, 2006

How Do You Like to Read?

The one thing that is repeated over and over again in the world or authors is, in order to be a great writer you need to be a great reader. I’m not the best reader. I’m slow and get hung up on big words that need sounding out. : )

But I still like to read. Right now I’m about through with the fourth book in the Narnia Chronicles. If I had to guess, I would think they would make this story, Prince Caspian, into the next movie.



Reading is important but how you read is probably just as important. The setting, the atmosphere, the spot if you will, are all part of the reading experience.

I don’t have a reading chair. That’s the one thing missing. I would like to have a big smushy reading chair with an adjustable floor lamp. For now, I use the couch.

It should be night, in the winter, and a real wood burning fire is essential. Pour a short glass of wine, preferably red. Peel back the lid from a can of anchovies and display them on a circle of crackers, and crack open a book.

How Do You Like to Read?

No comments: