Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
After two years of writing, editing and editing... The Open Art Room is ready for pre-orders! Based on years of experience, both successes failures, working with the students at Apex, The Open Art Room provides a student-centered approach to art instruction at the secondary level.
The Open Art Room By Melissa Purtee and Ian Sands
Taking inspiration from a variety of contemporary approaches, this book presents a framework for Choice-Based instruction for Secondary Level (grades 6–12) Art Education.
The Open Art Room provides a student-centered approach to art instruction that is inspirational, practical, and classroom-tested.
• Flexible instructional frameworks with options for beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels of Choice
• Assessment for Choice-Based art teachers
• Unit plans, bootcamps, mini-lessons, and classroom examples
• Clear connections to the National Core Art Standards
• Engaging stories of student struggles and successes