Friday, March 31, 2006

The Second Period

I know I shouldn’t have been so excited. It’s just a locker room. It’s only hockey equipment. . . But I was as excited as a little kid! This was an NHL locker room, and these were Cam Ward’s goalie pads.

The second night of Hurricanes University consisted of an hour in a classroom setting discussing the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Stuff like salary caps and Unrestricted Free Agency.



After class, we went to the Hurricanes locker room where we had a Q&A session with Left Winger Andrew Ladd and Pete Friesen the Head Athletic Therapist/Strength Conditioning Coach. It was cool that Ladd was there because I attended some of the 2004 Draft and by chance was there when he was picked. Pete Friesen was not only incredibly knowledgeable, he was also a hoot!

Also in attendance was a reporter from NPR. He recorded the session for a radio segment they are going to do on the University.

Tonight is Graduation. Booth seats for the Canes vs. Panthers! Plus I have to wear my cap and gown and receive my diploma on ice in front of 14,000 people. OK, that’s a little goofy but still it’s all fun.

No comments: