Sunday, April 09, 2006

Speed

Took my sketchbook to the beach and did some life drawing. For this week’s Illustration Friday word, Speed, I though these two images fit.

The black-headed gull has some speed. They really don’t hold still. This one stopped for a moment, at least long enough for me to do this quick sketch. I kept them around with a few handfuls of Cheetos.



After the Cheetos were gone, I smarted up and went with something with a little less speed. This shell sat still and quiet and didn’t seem to mind at all that I was sketching him.

3 comments:

Kim de Young said...

I love the beach, the ocean waves and the sand and the birds and shells, and moist air, and succulents, all of the smells and the soft air... I need to take the time to slow down and get out to the ocean soon... thanks for the beautiful drawings.

HARDWAX said...

i like these, very nice work.

The Unknown said...

Great stuff. Love the story too.
love