Monday, September 07, 2009

Sayings from the Uncut

Uncut was a piece from the Halle Show back in April. On the piece I created several of my foam board creatures however, I didn't cut them out. I left them suspended in the foam board.

Now that I'm preparing for for the December Wake Forest exhibit, I thought I might release some of the critters and use them for the show. The thing is, a lot of the writings from UNcut and not on the critters and are being cut away. So, I thought I would take a moment and capture them here.

So, in no particular order, sayings from Uncut:

You could stop reading my art and go make your own.

Motty, one of the elephants from the periodic table of elephants

Motty's tail is a long and tragic story

You'll never know what life is about until you know at least 3 steps of the "we're all in this together" dance.. or the safety dance

Happy is not such a bad thing

I tell myself I don't make enough pancakes and that is my "real" problem

Hello Motty, you are a fine looken elephant

Walk with me and you'll know more about me then you ever will reading my blog

Like all big people, I thought the same thing when I was your age... too bad we all forget!

It's all pink when you think about it

If less is more, what is more? (third base)

If I "cut" this, you will never read this

The best thing about my art is that for 3 minutes you forget all about your bills

All you need is 2 cups of paint, a brush and bad 80's music all of which are easy to find if you search any local Food Lion

Stop reading my art, i'm not reading yours.

.

No comments: