Sunday, July 02, 2006

There were a lot of people at the pond today, mostly moms and dad with kids. They had been feeding the turtles so there were a lot of turtles around the bridge when we showed up. We caught a few turtles and all the little kids ohhed and ahhed. It was fun!

Then I saw it… The giant snapper!! Most nobody took notice till I pointed it out. It was huge, bigger than I had remembered. I tried real hard but I couldn’t capture it. It dove down and swam out to the middle of the pond.



Then a few turtles later I saw another big snapper. Not as big as the granddaddy but still pretty impressive. I caught that one and took these photos. You can see my hand holding its tail. I guess this one was about 2 to 3 feet long.



Then some snotty lady ratted us out and the park ranger came down and told us we couldn’t steal the pic-a-nic baskets anymore. Party pooper, big stinky head!! All the other moms and dads were disappointed too cause their kids were getting such a kick out of seeing all the turtles.

I’m not sure what the big deal is. There is a catch and release program in place for the fish so why not the turtles?? And don’t they realize I’m a trained professional? Or at least I would be if sticky, snotty know-it-all ladies who can’t mind their own beeswax wouldn’t go around tattle tailing!!

Have you checked out Pony Wombat and the Second Ark yet??
You can preview the book for free! (aren't I nice!) or you could buy a copy (aren't you nice!)

No comments: