Friday, June 15, 2007

Rejection

This is an illustration I created for Picture-Bookies Showcase theme, Friends. But I got to tell you, it works just fine for this week's Illustration Friday word, Rejection.



click image to enlarge

Why, you might ask? Because, this is an illustration I created based on my chapter book manuscript, HOW TO MILK A DINOCOW. And that particular manuscript was just sent off for the thirteenth time (having been rejected twelve times). You can read about feeling lucky to find out more.

Or if you want to have some fun, visit the dinocow website to see this little puppy in action. Don't forget to click on the milk bottle!

5 comments:

studio lolo said...

very nice! I have a large rejection pile myself :P Your style reminds me of Stephen Gammell, but I think I've said that before. He's one of my faves!

Kathleen Rietz said...

Very nice, Ian. I looked at your web site, too. You are very creative and I believe you will get published. Best to you...-Kate

mike r baker said...

Yow! Stegomilk! Great piece.

Ginger*:) said...

Oh Ian, this is still so great! I love the way it fits so many themes. But for me this is the perfect place to display it. The illustration leaves me wondering what will happen next. So, Ian, will you show us what happens next? Great work as always!

Heather said...

I love the energy in your lines and colors.