Saturday, November 08, 2008

Art on the Move



Click Here to Enlarge

The City of Raleigh Arts Commission, in partnership with Capital Area Transit (CAT), is inviting local visual and graphic artists to submit artwork for the second Art-On-The-Move.



Click Here to Enlarge

Art-On-The-Move is a public art project featuring artwork from local artists that is exhibited on the sides of CAT buses. 12 artists will be selected to participate in the project. I'm hoping to be one of the 12 :).



Click Here to Enlarge

These are three on my ideas. I'm only allowed to submit one idea. Which one do you like best and why?

Comments welcomed!!!

8 comments:

- Alexxx - said...

Your a shoe in to win! Or could I say- a bus in! HA!

Get it! Because a shoe is transportation and so is a bus and you're doing the bus thing and...

C.R. Evers said...

I like the traffic light/giraffe one because it ties into the whole "transportation" theme.

they're all cute though!

I think you're a bus in too win too. ;0)

Anonymous said...

I like number 1 with the fox. It looks the most like motion.

The traffic light one looks somewhat stressful and as a driver I don't think I want to be more stressed out by a bus!

Good luck! Can't wait to see the results around town!

Karen Lee said...

I am voting for the turtle. He's a delight and I like the idea of him sloshing around the side of a bus.

- Alexxx - said...

I like the traffic light one because it's very fun and full of life! It will make people smile.

I also like the turtle a lot but my favorite was the traffic light.

Jacqui said...

I'm with Karen. I like the turtle.

Anonymous said...

I like the turtle too.

nice work.

Sammie

dragonlady said...

I found the giraffe/traffic light one rather upsetting (too visually distracting for drivers). Lots of fun though.

Personally, I like the design and the joke of using a turtle - everyone jokes that buses go as slow as a turtle so it's gently poking fun at itself.

I also like the color scheme for the turtle.

The one with the fox was a bit.... weird I guess. I couldn't understand what was happening really. (gorilla and fox? umm.. don't seem to fit together).

So here's another vote for turtle!