Monday, October 05, 2009

The Making of 3D Moose

ian sands, 3d moose

I know it's still Fall but as the cooler air pushes in I can't help start thinking about Moosifesto! Yes, Moosifesto, that special time of the year when moose everywhere rise up against, and someday will take over reindeer as the predominant hoofed Christmas mammal.

ian sands, 3d moose

So, to celebrate this year's Moosifesto, I've been working on a 3D moose for the Wake Forest Moosifesto exhibit.

ian sands, 3d moose

3D moose hangs nicely on my wall. 3D moose is coming out better than I had originally thought. This might lead to future 3D critters.

ian sands, 3d moose

Here we find 3D moose getting fitted for his Moosifesto antlers. With an eight foot antler span, 3D moose is quite large!

ian sands, 3d moose

A few coats of house paint and 3D moose's antlers are almost ready to go!

ian sands, 3d moose

Next step, cut out antlers, attach to 3D moose and dangle Christmas bulbs...

.

No comments: