Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hiding Place

This is an illustration I'm working on for this week's Picture-Bookies Showcase theme, Hiding Place.



It's another yeti, or maybe it's a Bigfoot. He is hiding from the fox. I'm not sure why he is hiding. Maybe he found out what the fox did to the gingerbread man and figured he was next.




I'm still working on it. I'm not sure I like how it's coming along. I'm always trying different ways to mix media. This paper was a little thin and ripped when I was applying the chalk pastel. Of course I was impatient and didn't wait for the watercolor paint to dry. Still, it would have worked out better on a slice of illustration board. That's what all the hip, young illustrators are using these days.



My other option is to go with an older illustration. I have one of a musk turtle hiding in the weeds.

Maybe I should have a vote. Should I go with the yeti or the musk? Commenter, you say what?

2 comments:

Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

they are both cool, i love how you used the white space. i think big is pretty funny, so i'll vote for him.

C.R. Evers said...

Ian,

I love the expressions that you give your characters! This guy is so cute and endearing. :0)