Friday, July 22, 2011

A Couple of Cups Can Drive Me Crazy



I was so please with the way this piece turned out that I decided to use a few more cups in my next piece.



However, I didn't plan for the cups when I built the frame... So the cups didn't fit snuggly like I wanted them to.



So I decided to scrap that piece for now and build a new frame with the cup size in mind. This frame was much bigger than the other frame...




So I needed more cups.



So I got more cups and spray painted them fun, funky colors...



But what I didn't realize was the new cups weren't the same size as the old cup. Are you kidding me!

No, I'm not. Look at how the cups on the right come all the way to the top of the frame while the cups on the left leave a gap.



So... I'm going to have to go out and get some of the right size cups and go back to the spraying board.

to be continued...

No comments: